|Painting By: Berthe Morisot|
is to wish to be what you are. " ~ Desiderius Erasmus
Should I indulge in a second cup of coffee? I'm thinking in writing as I diddle on this thought. My mornings are sacred to me. I want them all to myself; hugging quiet, quaintly reflective, full of these lilting bird songs I am most blessed to hear considering that outside the confines of my gated living, the bombarding noise of a chaotic city thrives!
Even here, my home secluded and a tale afar from the main thoroughfare, I cannot escape the dribble tattle of noises, noises, noises: a plane flying overhead, the neighbors maid doing her morning laundry (the screech squeeze sound of scrubbing a mere rhythm to the stereo she has open ), a car and two and three every now and then, and now the other neighbor with her pots and pans. Inside my home, it is my cleaning lady, moving chairs, sweeping and dusting. Kindly, I send her on a brief errand if but to reclaim a moment of that perfect peace I had when I first woke up.
Ah, I know these are the sounds of life, but at 43 my mornings have taken a clearer definition to me, and I must do something ( wake up earlier, or change routines) to honor that early solace need that my soul craves. If only I could move to the mountains or have my home a walk to the sea. I cannot! Maybe, someday. Today I embrace the gifts that I presently enjoy:
- my pretty city cottagey' homey' ( and a community park to enjoy)
- morning kiss
- a clear sparkly fresh morning,
- somebody to help me with chores,
- that smile I had when I opened my eyes,
- a resolve to have the day play out beautifully ( which means I am healthy of mind),
- a healing from almost 2 months of allergies and sinus attacks ( i can breath! I can breath!)
- and the most significant, a lifting of my spirits!
- writing my list of 100 things to enJOY for the rest of the year!
- my lovely menu for the week ( and purchases that need be done)
- plans for decorating, and my garden plantings too!